Cheese & Onion Muffins - Recipe


I looked around the internet and found this recipe, they turned out nicely, perfect for lunch, muffins are super easy to do, but they really need eating or freezing straightaway.  As I couldn't manage 12, I put some in the freezer ha ha!

It is now day 1 of week 3 of our 'lockdown', just go out 2 times a week to take Paul to dialysis, I have had several video calls with friends that I would otherwise have seen in real life - so that has been nice.  Garden was chillier today so am resting.

Preheat the oven to 
200c/440f/gas 6

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and wet in another bowl.

Dry ingredients:
300gm Self raising flour
 - this works out to just a bit over 2 cups of flour, so if not scales handy
1 tspn of baking powder
100gm of grated cheese
I did a mix of cubed feta and hard goats cheese, as needed to use up and grated cheddar. 
I also put in 120gms as thought the cubes were not so evenly distributed.
An onion chopped and fried a little. 
I used a red onion this time, but any will do - spring onion finely shopped are good and no need to cook.
then I added 1tspn of mustard powder and some paprika
mixed herbs or even cayenne for more of a kick are all good.

Wet ingredients
200ml milk
2 eggs
4 tablspn of oil

Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients, stir until just combined - no more.

Divide between 12 muffins.  I use silicone trays, I do find the little paper cases stick to savoury muffins more.

Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.

crafting and nattering


Comments