Monday, March 10, 2008
I used this recipe from GeorgeBee on the Crafts Beautiful forum as I had a couple of dodgy looking bananas in the fruit bowl:
100g/4oz light muscavado sugar
2 heaped tbsp golden syrup
350g/12oz porridge oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 medium, riped banana
1. Preheat oven to 180c/Gas mrk 4 and butter a 9x13in tin.
2. Melt together butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan.
3. Stir in oats, cinnamon and baking powder, as well as a pinch of salt.
4. Mash bananas and add to mixture.
5. Pop into tin and bake for 20-25 mins.
I did exactly as the recipe, but put them into 2 round tins as my brownies were still cooking in the trays! My son came home from school and decided that dipping them in chocolate would make them more interesting.....so he organised that and proceeded to eat. Unfortunately not many sold on the Ampthill Country market stall - even though all my other baking did :( The people of Ampthill do not seem to be flapjack people! However Milton Keynes people are...as they were eaten at work on Friday!
I thought the light was better indoors - but obviously not - so a bit shadowy!