January



A busy week in January. I had a nice week this week - as it was my birthday Wednesday. Not that I actually went out, I baked some cakes in the morning for the market, and just pottered around in the afternoon. I did order a Cuttlebug from Craftability - at Poplars Nursery, and I am picking it up tomorrow. Vanessa also gives a 2 hour workshop as part of the price - so I am doing that for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon. So that should be fun.

I met Clare and Sue for lunch in Letchworth, and popped into the craft shop there...I actually didn't buy much, just a couple of little chalk pads. Sue persuaded me to buy some new watercolour pencils from the Art shop - Inktense - not had much of a play with them yet - but they do seem nice and intense! I did manage to order a couple of stamps from a web site in the sale on Wednesday too.

Paul gave me some nice craft goodies along with a Papercrafts book "you go girl". Not had a chance to look through it yet - but from a quick flick it is looking interesting.

Ooh and I also ordered some Dew Drops as recommended by Joanne (Angelnorth), and they are fabby - so have loads of new stuff to make some cards. As I am generally a mean crafter this is really exciting spending all of this money - but a lot of it was using birthday and Christmas money.

I have launched a new challenge on the forum - ripping an tearing - here are a couple of cards from me:
The top one is using a stamped image from Ellen in the last swap, and also a special Fiskars ripping thingy that I got as a prize from Crafts Beautiful a while back, and the orange flower is using a bargain stamp I got from Stamp Addicts the other day. The papers were from Paul for Christmas Old World Papers DCWV.

I hope you stop by and join in with the challenges - all entries go in for a prize draw.

It is the Farmers' Market in Ampthill - not sure how busy it will be it is alwasy the worst one after Christmas, and the lack of stalls was meaning that less people were visiting, I hope that the Council will do as they have promised and give it some urgent attention......I hope to sell a few cards. I don;t bake for the stall as I work on Fridays

Comments

M'nMs said…
Belated Happy Birthday!