choc cookies

A lovely day on Ampthill Market today, sunny and busy - but sadly my worst for a long time and only sold one card :(. Never mind I only stand on there once a month so it isn't too bad. I have now been persuaded to join the committee for Ampthill Country Markets and went to my first committee meeting this afternoon. So somehow I didn't get much else done today. The Ampthill Country Market are having a stall at a WI event next Monday evening - Anne Widecombe is the speaker and they have sold loads of tickets - so need to make sure I have some cards there to sell.



Another recipe for today, I would love to have some recipe for little cakes or tray bakes if anyone can recommend something, Owen said he loved the banana cake and that I need to make it again!

Chocolate cookies:
115g 4oz unsalted butter
115g 4oz light muscovado sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla essence
150g 5oz Self raising flour
75g 3oz porridge oats
115g 4oz plain chocolate roughly chopped
115g 4oz white chocolate roughly chopped (I didn't have this so put in dried fruit instead!)

190c 375f gas 5 - 2 baking sheets makes 18-20
cream butter and sugar, add egg and essence, beat well. sift flour and fold in. Add chocolate and oats.

Place small spoonfuls onto a baking sheet in heaps. Bake for 15-20 minutes until pale golden, let cool for a couple of minutes and transfer with a spatula to wire rack.

Comments