Poorly



Well this week the house has been like a Doctors waiting room. Owen has been very poorly all week with a cold, it started with a high temperature and a cough, and has now continued with the cough and a runny nose....Paul stayed at home to look after him on Monday...and now has it. He feels really rough but has gone into work for meetings - thus infecting them all there too! But hey let's hope it is man flu - atm I only have a sore throat and no other symptons!

Yesterday I baked a cake:
Carrot and Fruit Cake
Put all of this lot in a saucepan (or I do a bowl and pop in the microwave)
125g - 4oz soft brown sugar
6 tablespoons of clear honey (although I reckon set will do)
175g - 6oz of grated carrot
125g - 4oz seedless raisins
50g - 2oz chopped dates
3/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
125g - 4oz butter
150ml - ¼ pint water

and bring to the boil - then simmer for 5 mins, leave to cool

then add:
1 beaten egg
and then mix together thoroughly:
125g - 4oz wholemeal flour
125g - 4oz plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder

I used all plain flour this time as I had not got any wholemeal, and it seemed OK.

put the mix in a 23cm (9inch) cake tin and bake for 55 - 60 mins - 180c/350f/gas mark 4

I made this one for Birmingham and I know the people that had it enjoyed it.


I went back to origami and made this quick card to boost the cards for men in the stock - it is always handy to have something like this in there. I used the inside of an envelope:

Comments

Jukie said…
Ah the dreaded Man flu....terrible isn't it!

Your cake those lovely and scrummy.....do you think it could be part of the weightwatcher plan hmmm might have to work out the points for this one!