Rock Cakes


Today I caught up on orders - I seemed to have a lot to do and wanted to get up to date, so they are pretty much done...

...I also made some rock cakes, this was using my Grandads recipe - he died when I was 5 and my Mum made the cakes when I was little and I have been making them ever since. They are so quick to make - I use a food processor to rub the fat into the flour as it does it in seconds and keeps it nice and light. You can double the quantity nice and easily this will make a batch of 9.

Rock Cakes
6oz Self Raising Flour
3oz Margerine or butter
Rub together until the mix is like fine breadcrumbs
Add 3oz Sugar
Then add 3½ oz Currants
and then add
½ tspn of mixed spice - mix all together
Then add beaten egg and maybe a little drop of milk – mix should be fairly stiff, if it is too wet they will collapse
Make them into little cakes on a greased tray and sprinkle with a little sugar on top
cook gas 7; 220c for 10 - 14 mins



I really need to crack on with some more cards too, so that is on my agenda for tomorrow. Although in the morning I am doing my Country Market Duty (well actually I have swapped with someone else to help them out!)

Another small snippet of info is that I have been asked to be a moderator of another forum.....so that should be fun

Comments