Olney

Today we went on a trip over to Olney - it was such a lovely sunny day. We had a really nice lunch in the coffee shop there (I can't remember the name - the one with the conservatory). I then spent some time in LB crafts - the boys wandered around with me poitning out things I may like (genuinely), and then they left me to it for 20 minutes or so. I managed to buy a few stamps one from the DenamiDesign range and one from Crafty Individuals - quite adventurous for me - so now I need to do something with them! Did get a couple of other bits.

Linda has a fantastic shop - it is stacked to the rafters with rubber stamps - I went on a course about 10 years ago (or maybe more now), and did quite a bit of stamping - then stopped - now I have started again! She used tobe based in the Mk shopping centre - but since she has moved to Olney, I have not been able to have my weekly visit....

We also went home via Newport Pagnell and went to a shop that is stacked (and I really do mean stacked) with old posters, prints, maps, magazine, programmes, comics from the late 1800s....Owen got an old Liverpool footie programme and I got a copy of the pictorial mag from 1923 - I hope that I maybe able to scan a pic or two and use it somewhere...it cost £1. Well worth a visit if you are ever this way,a dn it certainly brings back some memories of your childhood (well unless that was very recent). Nothing much else in Newport Pagnell (other than the Aston Martin factory) - but you could spend hours in the shop! I can't remember the name of it Ken's I think.

I have just launched another rubber stamping challenge - which may be of interest - nice to have something going on even if you don't have time to join in now - you can have a go later.

The ric rac is the tiny ricrac on the shop - and it os so sweet, and the buttons, clips and other ribbon are all from the shop.

This is from one of the stamps I bought today (paper inspirations), I stamped it on pearl card with a pigment ink - and thought it wouldn't work, but it stamped perfectly....
There are loads of challenges and projects to get stuck into on the CBC forum

Comments

Andrea C (Frog) said…
Great cards Carolyn, i am going to have a go tomorrow.

Andrea_7
maggie said…
Fab cards Carolyn i would love to learn how to stamp.I love the one with the rocking horse.
Sue said…
love the rocking horse