Back Home

Well we have been away for 2 weeks to Green Spain, we stayed in a small village called Albuerne in Asturias. The 'e' on the end is pronounced 'a'. We had a great time even though we did have some rain we had quite a lot of sun too.

Did a spot of sightseeing visiting Luarca, Aviles, Gijon and Cudillero, along with a couple of places more inland. We went to Luarca twice and both days they were having a festival so they town such after the parades!


The guide book didn't reckon much to Aviles - but I thought it was very attractive and quaint. Each of the buildings have their own style, and are al higgledy, piggledy. We did eat out that day - but had a pizza, as Owen said he was really fancying one!

Well worth visiting, but have to say that they really are not geared up to promoting tourism, although lots of tourist offices - and very helpful, you have to ask them all the questions they don't seem to be able to tell you about the things going on!

We find a local beach, San Pedro, which was lovely and sandy, it had a cafe selling ice creams which were sampled most days - and we managed to 'chill' on there most days for some of the time - along with game playing and kite flying, and Owen bodyboarded. I even ventured in the sea - although it did take a lot of persuading, and by the time I was finally in there swimming Owen had got cold!

We left the car at Gill and Phils, on the way home I knew that Gill was away but was assured that Phil would remember that we were coming home and make arrangements with the key. So on arrival at Stansted we get in a taxi to their house and there is no key and no Phil. No worries Gill said Phil ALWAYS has his mobile...so I rang it and got the anwser phone. Owen points to the cornerof the road and says 'I bet he is down the pub'! So off I trot - walk in the pub - sure enough he is there....but his first reaction was 'Carolyn - hello' like I was always popping in the pub....bearing in mind I have not lived that way for 20 years now....then the penny dropped. 'Oh No - I will be in big trouble with Gill now - I forgot!' left his phone at home - beside the note he had written to remind himself....tee hee

I shall put some more photos on in a few days time....

Comments

Lythan said…
It's tag time (see my blog!)