Fabric Shopping in Bedfordshire

I decided to have a mission and visit the local fabric shops in January!  I am pleased with all my purchases.  All the shops have a range of knitting yarns too (BSK only for knitting machines)

So I started at Tudor Rose at Oakley, there were no bargains to be had, all the cottons are £12 and over I think, but have a great selection.  I wasn't into my stride, so just bought half a metre of this pig fabric.

Next we had to go to Dunstable for something, so I went to the Sewing basket, never been before and they have a good selection of cottons, some dressmaking too.  There have some choice under £10, here was a quick snap looking down the shop:


And I bought these 2 - already used quite a bit of the train ticket into glasses cases, I think this is where I got the elephants, around £6.50 a metre:


Then the next visit was the All Stitches at Wilstead, this is my nearest place and I had no idea how many fabric she was now stocking, so will be back!  There were sale fabrics and 20% off everything else.  Here are is some of the shop:




I bought this selection, and made a few things with the tiny bird print at the back:



I then went to Biggleswade to Buttons, somewhere different to go waiting for husband to finish dialysis at Lister in Stevenage, didn't take any pictures of the shop.   But bought these, yet to break into these ones, but have already got the sheep in pink and grey.  Have quite a few cottons at £6.50 and £7.50


Finally I took a trip out to BSK in Bedford as we went out to lunch in Bromham at the Swan.  Here is a quick snap of the shop:


I bought this tiny print - as will complement many other fabrics: 


I did manage to buy this brand new fat quarter at the charity shop in Baldock for 50p, along with some linens/doilies that look great inside baskets 



Comments