Picking flowers

I have grown some marigolds (seeds originally from Kath on the forum), cornflower and rudbeckia from seed, and have been picking them.




The Rudbeckia is the large yellow flower in the centre, and is the first out - but can see that there are many more to follow.



The white flower in the centre is a phlox - lovely and scented, I do sell them on the market when I have some available, they are just all coming into bloom now and stand up nice and strong a good plant for the back of the flower beds, or I also have a plant in the veg patch just so that I can pick some.























Unfortunately the cornflowers fell over whilst I was on holiday so are a bit bent, I have now staked them and they are starting to sort themselves out, so hopefully will be looking better picked in a vase soon.  I love the these little flowers, and although they don't last that long I will be putting some seeds in next year.

so maybe if I have some left there will be some for sale on the Ampthill country Market.



Comments

Hazel said…
Beautiful flowers, Carolyn - you must have green fingers x
Kath said…
Very pretty Carolyn. Glad the marigolds grew. You will have loads more next year!