Lemon Fruit Squares


Don't forget to visit:The Cooks Journal and is now ready for posting!
I kind of made this recipe from a combination of other recipes and I made it in 8 inch square tin, I cut it into 9 portions for the Country market, they are quite a good size portion. I am enjoying making smaller cakes for the Country Market stalls, that way I can put some aside for Owen's lunches. And it is filling a gap in the current product range on the stall

Lemon Fruit Squares
4oz Marg
4oz Sugar
2 Eggs
..beat together

7oz Self raising flour
Grated rind of lemon
….Fold in

1 tablespoon of lemon juice
If mixture too stiff add a little milk
4oz dried fruit - I used sultanans

Cook in 8 inch square tin. Bake for 35 mins 170c

Once cool ice with some lemon juice and some zest of lemon and icing sugar, let it drizzle down the sides.

I would love to hear of more recipes for with lemons other than a lemon loaf

Comments

Jules said…
Fuss Free Flavours http://www.fussfreeflavours.blogspot.com/ has posted a fantastic looking sussex pond pudding
Carolyn said…
Thanks for the links - I have followed them, the sussex pond pud certainly looks different.

The lemon cake looks lovely and flat - perfect for cutting into squares, so is on my list.
Shannon said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rosie said…
Hi Carolyn,

Ooooh I'm drooling just viewing your lemon cake.

I've got a lemon bundt posted on my site with a link to the recipe if this is any help to you?