I took the cakes into work today - just in case I was snowed in tomorrow and couldn't get it....well wishful thinking! But we have not started them yet - I have plenty to go round as there are only 7 of us in tomorrow!

So as promised here is the lemon cake recipe, I hope it is inspiring you to get baking:

175g/6oz Margerine or butter
125g/4oz Sugar
1 lemon (juice and grated rind)
2 eggs
175g/6oz Self Raising flour (or 6oz plain and tspn baking powder)

Beat margerine and sugar, add lemon rind
Beat in eggs, then fold in the flour
Bake in a greased tin 40 mins for a 2lb loaf tin 180c/ gas mark 5
Measure out 4oz sugar and gradually add the lemon juice until it is a thick paste, pour over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Leave to cool in tin.

You can always make a syrup and pour that over the cake for a stickier finish.

Enjoy!


Em and Carol have launched a new Scrapbook Challenge - All About Me - so if you fancy a bash then check out the Crafts by Carolyn Forum for all the details.

I still have to scan the cards I have made - I will get them on tomorrow.

Comments