Yay for another bank holiday weekend, although we don't have anything planned!

Been to the Ampthill Farmer's Market this morning, and was nice to see a good range of stalls, I bought some Goats cheese, they were selling goats sausages too - but not being a sausage lover I left them. Got a good selection of veg, some seedling veg plants to put in over the weekend. Got a cornish pasty for lunch, and my joint of pork for dinner tomorrow, and some turkey mince for Owen. I even bought some Sorrel cordial off the Caribbean stall, tasted like mulled wine really - a bit different and worth the taste. And some nice young Rhubarb that I shall roast with brown sugar, and have with yoghurt. So had a good 'shop' on our little market - I really hope it stays. There was a lot more there - enormous American Style cheesecakes, honey, pottery, plants, flowers, indian sauces, pies, cakes and lots lots more.

Have you checked out River cottage web site - lots of foodie things to read about on there, he loves farmer's Markets and regularly attends:

rivercottage

Unfortunately, the market didn't get me many customers for my cards - but did sell 7 or 8, but still enjoyed being there. Maybe once it has moved (hopefully) and the parking is better it will go from strength to strength.

Must get busy, will report back later...

Comments